- Improving the effectiveness of teachers or principals
- Implementing and supporting the transition to internationally benchmarked, college-and career-ready academic content standards
- Improving science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education
- Implementing comprehensive high school reform strategies
- Serving rural communities (applicants under this priority must also address one of the other four absolute priorities)
Applications must be submitted by August 4. More information, please see the US Department of Education website.